The Application Process
The Application Process
Due to the high demand for places at The British International School of New York, the admissions process is selective. Priority is given to children with brothers or sisters already studying at The British International School of New York.
In this section you will find details about requesting information and applying, scheduling a tour, your child’s interview and visit, and the required information for application.
- Please feel free to call the Admissions Office to request further information and to confirm availability of space, alternatively you may utilize the inquiry page.
- Once you have confirmed that space or a wait pool is available we encourage you to apply directly via the TADS enrollment system by clicking here:
After completing an application, families will be contacted by our Admissions Office to schedule their assessments and interviews.
The British International School of New York is an international school and as such is open for admissions throughout the entire year, where space is available. We are always delighted to meet with parents and show them around the school. Due to the increasing demand for places please call to ensure that we have space prior to filling out an application.
Our policy throughout the admissions process is to allocate the appropriate placement for our candidates so that he/she may benefit fully from the education we offer. The procedure for admission to the school varies according to the age of the candidate:
To complete your application online, please click on the TADS button above.
Please note that the school requests the following from all applicants (Nursery through Year 9):
- Application fee of $125 per child
- Copy of the student’s birth certificate or passport (please have this available for upload)
- Previous School Records (please have this available for upload)
- Age appropriate Teacher Recommendation Form.
Please note your child’s school might require a School Records Release Form to obtain the necessary documents.
Additionally, we request the following which is dependent on the age group of the applicant:
· Early Years Programme – (ages 3 to 4)
Pupils applying for entry into the Early Years Programme (Nursery and Reception/ Pre-K) are required to turn in past school reports and our Foundation Stage Teacher Recommendation Form. Once we receive your application we will be in touch to schedule a friendly play date so that they can spend some time with our teachers in the classroom.
· Primary Years Programme - (ages 5 to 11)
For entry into the Primary Years Programme (Year 1 / Kindergarten – Year 6 / 5th Grade) we ask that families turn in at least 2 years of past school reports, our Primary Years Programme Teacher Recommendation Form and ERB test scores. Once we receive your application we will be in touch to schedule a friendly interview and assessment.
· Middle Years Programme - (ages 11 to 14)
For entry into the Middle Years Programme (Year 7/ Grade 6 – Year 9/ 8th Grade) we ask that families turn in at least 2 years of past school reports, our Middle Years Programme Teacher Recommendation Form and ERB test scores as well as 2 maths and writing samples. Once we receive your application we will be in touch to schedule a friendly interview and assessment.